Richardson or Plano: Which is a Better Buyer's Market?
The truth of the matter is neither Richardson or Plano is a good buyer's market currently. The Dallas housing market is literally booming and there
is a huge demand for housing but no where near enough supply. Here are some pro and cons for each market and some tips for how to find a house in these difficult buyer's markets.
- Is not as old of an area as Plano so more of the available homes will be newer.
- Slightly closer to Dallas if you are looking to commute.
- The average house value in Richardson is lower than Plano’s, $256,600 in Richardson compared to $300,900 in Plano.
- Is more than double the size of Richardson, which means more houses to choose from.
- Currently has more new construction than Richardson.
General Tips for Any Tough Market
Start looking well before your current lease is up or before you need to be out of your current living situation. For some folks recently buying a house it can take up to a year to find a good option. Work with the seller by offering a higher bid or waiving a home warranty to save them some fees. Also try to connect with the seller on an emotional level by writing them a letter. An emotional connection with the seller can trump a higher bid from a competitive buyer, if the connection is compelling.
Find a tough realtor who is committed to representing you and doing whatever it takes to ensure that your bid is in top consideration with the seller. Our office is adaptable to difficult buyer’s markets and we have a few different options when it comes to raising your profile with the seller.
Ready to enlist some help for your house search? Call Cindy Petty Realty at [phone] or reach us through our contact page to get connected with a talented and committed realtor today.