Top 5 Things You Didn't Know About Plano Home Buying
Plano homes are a hot commodity right now, so here are 5 tips to ensure you are ready to nab the house of your dreams in Plano, Texas.
Let Your Fingers Do the Work
1. Find a realtor who will represent your interests, one who listens to your needs and shows you houses you are actually interested in: a realtor who is a good communicator and easy to contact in case you need to move quickly on a property is always best.
2. Do your research. Look at what neighborhoods are the most attractive to you, what you can realistically afford, and so on.
3. Make your list. In at tight housing market like Plano, your “must haves” and “would like to haves” should be nailed down before you start shopping. Make sure these two lists don't get mixed.
4. Make a list of the things you have to have in a home:
- Number of rooms
- Good for pets and children if applicable.
- Whether stairs are an issue or not.
- Room size (to fit your current furniture).
As well as a list of what you would like to have but can do without:
- Gas vs. electric stovetop
- Size of backyard
Organize your information so you can always have what you need to hand.
- Detailed maps with preferred neighborhoods highlighted.
- Property ads.
- Pad and pen for note-taking while touring a house or looking at properties.
- Camera so you can remember house details for later or show them to an interested party.
Be willing to spend a little extra to ensure everything is done right. The faster you can close in Plano the better, as sellers move quickly to take advantage of this favorable selling climate. However, you never want to get stuck with something that doesn't work, so make sure you...
- Include inspection and mortgage contingencies in your written offer.
- Make sure a professional inspector inspects the property for issues.
- Request a second walk-through within 24 hours of closing; this is an important step to ensure the seller has not made any changes that were not agreed on (i.e., a nice appliance that came with the sale having been replaced by a cheaper one).
To ensure your home buying success, contact Cindy Petty Realty. Our team understands exactly how to navigate the complicated world of home buying in Plano. We will get you the perfect home that you'll love for decades. Call our team at (469) 360-9917 or reach out to us on our contact page.