Selling? Ten Questions to Ask Your Real Estate Agent
Posted By: Ryan Nielsen
In: Selling a Home
Date: Mon, Jun 12th 2017 5:29 pm
When it comes time to sell your home and list it on the open market, most sellers have just two questions to ask their real estate agent: How much will I get and what is the commission? While these are certainly two great questions that could hold a lot of sway, they’re too close-minded. It’s important to broaden your spectrum and ask a variety of questions to select the right real estate agent. You don’t sell a home every day, so make the most of it now.
Questions to Ask
If you’re preparing your home for sale, a real estate agent can make all the difference. Let’s rephrase that: The right real estate agent can make all the difference. Ask them the following questions beforehand:
- What is your experience?
- How do you intend to market the listing?
- How will you openly communicate with me through the entire process?
- Will you represent both sides of the transaction?
- Do you know buyers in this price range?
- What is your real estate experience? How many homes have you sold this year?
- Do you sell faster than the average agent?
- How do you track online activity for our listing?
- Do you work with anyone else who handles paperwork or other tasks?
- How many days does it take to sell a home, on average?
While there are certainly more questions you could ask, these ten should cover all your bases. With this information readily available, you can go about making a more informed decision. Remember, this is your home, not the real estate agent’s. To make money, they need to work closely with you to ensure this house sells fast.
For professional real estate services, contact Cindy Petty Realty by calling 469-360-9917. We’re happy to answer any questions you may currently have now!